An August day trip to London

Hi everyone

I recently had a few days off from work and decided to take a day trip to London with my partner.

We parked up at the station and hopped on the train which arrived in Paddington station at 11:15am.  We took the tube to Leicester Square as we planned to have a mooch around there and Covent Garden as I had not explored that part of London before.

My partner was desperate to re-live the Shake Shack experience ever since we first tried it on our trip to New York last here (you can read what we got up to here).  So before we even booked the train he informed me here he would like to eat there.  

The vegetarian option is a 'shroom burger (top right), it is a crisp fried portabello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce - they are super yummy!  My partner had a single SmokeShack burger (bottom right) which is a cheeseburger topped with applewood smoked bacon, cherry pepper and ShackSauce.  We shared some of their crinkled chips and a small caramel milkshake.  

Psst!  They even have snacks on the menu for your beloved doggy friends - I kid you not!


After lunch we walked through Green Park and chilled on a bench for a bit before walking to Buckingham Palace and then catching the tube to Westfield shopping centre.  Our feet were already aching badly by this point and it was a humid 25c but we soldiered on. 


I had not been to Westfield before and it did not disappoint, 'The Village' section with its high end designer stores was a little out of my price range (to say the least) but it was still fun having a look around the high street stores.  I actually didn't buy anything though!

We had a rest at Starbucks, I had a mango and passionfruit yogurt blend which was nice and refreshing and my partner had a caramel cream blend which was nice but it didn't have a huge amount of flavour.


Then it was time to head on back to Paddington on the tube to catch our train home.

By the time we drove home from the train station we made it back through the front door at 8:15pm, collapsed on the sofa and watched a film.


What are your fave things to do in London?

Comments