My Weekly Cleaning Routine

I thought some of you may be interested in hearing my cleaning routine.

I definitely like my house to be clean and tidy but with minimal effort.  I work full time so I am out of the house for at least 10 hours per day so it stays pretty clean with no-one around to dirty it up.  There are only 2 of us living here and we don't have any pets (although I would love a dog but that's a whole different blog post).


So here is how my cleaning regime tends to go:


Daily - Fill & empty dishwasher (my partner and I take it in turns).  
Wipe the kitchen surfaces with a Flash anti bacterial wipe. 
General tidying to keep clutter from building up.
I use a dustpan and brush for when crumbs end up on the kitchen floor, would love a little hand held hover though. 

Friday (evening)
Hoovering - The house is hoovered top to bottom.
Mop hard floors - The kitchen and bathroom get steam mopped (I have carpet everywhere else).
Bathroom - Sink, bath, shower cubicle and toilet throughly cleaned.

My Vax steam mop

Ad-hoc
Dusting - Where required to be honest.
Washing up - As I have a dishwasher I really only have to wash up when there is something that is not dishwasher safe.
Mirrors - Sprayed with Mr Muscle window cleaner and wiped with kitchen roll when necessary.

Saturday
Laundry day - I do 2-3 loads of washing per week.  The bedding is stripped and washed every 2 weeks.  Dried on the line when weather permits or in the tumble drier.
Peg tin from Home Sense
Sunday
Ironing - It normally takes me around 30 minutes and is slipped in around whatever I am doing that day. 

I hope I haven't forget anything!  The Friday jobs sometimes slip to a Saturday morning depending on what I am up to, I don't get too anal about it all.  If I know visitors are coming I have a quick whizz around to make everything ship shape.

If you have done a blog post or YouTube video on your routine please leave a link in the comments below as I would love to take a look.

Kads x

Comments

  1. Interesting to know other people's routines :)
    I work full time too so I know how annoying it can be to have to come home and find the time to clean!
    I recently picked up one of the Karcher steam mops and love it!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah steam mops are great, floors feel properly clean after using one. 😀👍🏻

      Delete

Post a Comment