Feeling old at 28?

It happened all of a sudden and hit me in the face with a bang.

I recall it all started on my 28th Birthday...there I was brushing my teeth in front the bathroom mirror when something seemed to glisten in my brown fringe.  I paused my brushing and slowly leaned forward closer to the mirror.  My fear was then confirmed - it was my first grey hair.  What a great little Birthday surprise!

Since then I have started to look closer for signs of ageing or let's be honest outright scrutinise the skin on my face especially under my eyes.  I am sad to report there are definitely some fine lines appearing.  Cue me looking into anti ageing products!  I had a read of a few reviews and and kept my eye out for what was on offer.  I tried the No7 Protect and Perfect Advanced Serum last summer and found it made no difference, you can read my review here: No7 Protect and Perfect Advanced Serum review 

Anti-ageing products
I am currently giving some Nivea anti ageing products a try.  I have the Nivea Q10 pore refining day cream, Nivea Q10 anti-wrinkle eye cream and Nivea pure and natural night cream.  I don't actually know if they are noticeably doing anything as yet, fingers crossed.  Although I do feel the night cream is too heavy for my skin, so I need to look for an alternative.  



Hair dye
I am not planning on reaching for the hair dye just yet.  I really like my natural light brown hair colour.  In the summer it develops natural highlights from the sun.  I would be sad to dye it all one colour or keep having to go to the hairdresser for colouring and highlights to give my hair colour some dimension. 

The sad thing is I still only feel about 21 (I'm sure others are the same?) and I have no children to blame the grey hairs on.  I can hear the biological clock ticking as I approach 30.  However,  One Born Every Minute and such like have put me off babies for the foreseeable. 

Time passes so quickly!  Why do we have to age?  Why can't we just stay the same looks wise!

What are your concerns about ageing?  If you have any product recommendations please leave details in the comments below.

Kads Life x

The is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments