Hello Fresh: Meal #2 - Roasted Butternut Squash & Halloumi Jumble

Hello again

Next up for meal number 2 from my Hello Fresh box we have Roasted Butternut Squash and Halloumi Jumble.  Just the picture of the meal made me want to consume the recipe card!

Recipe Card

The ingredients for this meal were: butternut squash, red pepper, rocket, halloumi, pine nuts, red wine vinegar and bulgur wheat.  I have not tried bulgur wheat before so was intrigued to give it a try.  I have also not cooked with halloumi before.

Meal 2 Ingredients
This one took longer to make, I would say it was approx 50mins.  As expected cutting up the butternut squash was a bit of a challenge despite the tips on the front of the recipe card of how to make it easier; even YouTube videos were of little help!  Like I have mentioned before my knife skills are non existent. 

Here is the finished meal.  It was really tasty and the butternut squash just melted in your mouth.  The halloumi, as it always is, was very salty which, looking on the bright side, increased my water intake - hehe.

Roasted Butternut Squash & Halloumi Jumble

So this meal was another resounding success, maybe it will all go wrong with meal number 3 which is skill level 2.  Could it be a step too far for my culinary skill set?

If you would like to check out my feelings on meal number 1, click the following link: Gnocchi Allo Genovese with Toasted Pine Nuts & Broccoli

Follow me on Bloglovin'!

This is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments