Healthy Protein Energy Balls

Hi everyone

I thought I would share with you a recipe for yummy healthy protein energy balls.  They are great to eat pre or post workout or as a mid afternoon pick me up.  They are so easy to do and no baking required! Win win! 

The recipe makes approx 12 balls depending on the size you roll them.

Special equipment: Food Processor 

Ingredients: (makes approx 12)
1/2 cup of Oats
40ml Honey
1/4 cup Peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1/4 TSP Vanilla extract
1/8 TSP Cinnamon
1/8 cup Sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Almonds 
1/8 cup Plain choc chips


Step 1: Blend up the oats, pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds.
Step 2: In a seperate bowl add the peanut butter, honey, Cinamon & vanilla.
Step 3: Combine the 2 sets of ingredients together.
Step 4: Add the Choc chips
Step 5: Place the bowl in the fridge for 30mins.
Step 6: Divide the mixture up evenly and squeeze into balls.  Pop in a airtight container and store in the fridge.

Here is the finished result:
Yum!!

I will definitely be making them again as I found myself reaching to have 1 of these with a cuppa instead of a biscuit which is obviously healthier for me. 

Let me know if you decide to make these or if you have a energy ball recipe of your own.

Comments